Pet First Aid
Join us for a day of the most comprehensive pet first aid course available! Our Walks ‘n’ Wags certified instructors offer a day of fun and learning. Classes are intended for pet care professionals, dog and cat owners, rescue workers, first responders, groomers and shelter workers. Course completion offers continuing education credits for IAABC, CBCC-KA and CPDT-KA members. This class has received the Animal Wellness Magazine Stamp of Approval and a Modern Dog Fave Find. We work with live animals in class. Our curriculum includes:
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Bone and Joint Injuries
- Restraint and Transport
- Artificial Respiration (AR)
- Eye & Ear Injuries
- Burns, Frostbite, Hypothermia & Heat Stroke
- Snake bite and insect stings
- Impaled objects
- Foreign Objects
- An easy-to-use manual and quick reference guide for your first aid kit.
- Certificate of completion
And much, much more!
Cost is $149 per person. Discounts apply for pet care professionals, first responders, animal welfare workers (including foster parents) and service dog owners. Contact us for further information and registration. Space is limited and fills quickly!
Want to hold a class at your location? Pet First Aid can be taught in any comfortable location. Please contact us for more information.
INTRODUCING our new OFF THE GRID supplemental learning!
WHO SHOULD TAKE OFF THE GRID?
Outdoor enthusiasts, backpackers, farmers, hunters, campers, people living in remote communities, dog walkers, hikers, cabin owners, people wanting additional training, people living in areas without easily accessible Veterinary care.
The skills can also be applied in urban areas in times of disaster when Veterinary care is not easily accessible.
- Trip Planning
- Equipment Improvisation
- Prolonged Patient Care
- Advanced shock
- Pain management
- To attend OFF THE GRID, participants must have completed our initial Pet First Aid program within the past 3 years.
- OFF THE GRID is a 3-hour program.
- At least one live dog or cat will be present in class. Ask your Instructor whether you may bring your own.
- OFF THE GRID is a Certification program earned upon successful completion of the course and exam.
- Cost is $55 per person.
- Sept. 24, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm at Motley Zoo Animal Rescue, Redmond
- Oct. 15, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm at TBD (likely Seattle)
- Nov. 4, 9:00 am - 7:00 pm at Kitsap Animal Rescue and Education (KARE), Silverdale
- Dec. 3, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm at TBD (likely Seattle)
More to come soon!